Enter your role or roles (if you have more than one):
Data Scientist, Data Analyst, software developer
How long have you worked in your role/s?
I’ve been at Aire Logic for over 1 year. In this time I have worked as a Data Analyst until June 2020, after which I have transitioned to aData Scientist role on the Vaccinations programme in the Data Quality team.
What inspired you to work in the tech industry?
I studied Astrophysics and Chemistry at university which involved a lot of statistics and analysis as well as basic coding to help with analysis. After graduating in 2019 I started a graduate role in Mastek and it was here I learnt about tech and increased my coding skills. I discovered that I had a liking to Data Science and was placed as aData Analyst and worked there for over 1.5 years.
What do you like about working at Aire Logic?
I like the non-hierarchal structure of Aire Logic and the people that are part of my team. Being able to work in autonomous teams that do not rely on approval from managers and having the trust to do what is best for the client.
What are your skills and expertise?
- Python, Scikit-Learn
- SQL, NoSQL
- Microsoft Azure, Excel, PowerBI
- Pyspark, Databricks, working with Big Data
- Mathematics and statistics
- Data visualisation using Python and R
- Data cleansing and manipulation
- Supervised and unsupervised machine learning, neural network
- Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Degree: Astrophysics and Chemistry BSc Dual Honours
- Currently studying part time through Aire Logic apprenticeship scheme: Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist (Data Analytics Pathway) MSc
A fun fact about you
I currently tutor GCSE and A-Level students in Chemistry, Maths and Physics.