Aire Logic appointed to support future COVID-19 and flu vaccination programme
As part of the Digital Capabilities for Health Framework, Aire Logic has been awarded a new contract to support further delivery of one of the most significant and high-profile initiatives in the country, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and flu vaccination programme.
This work builds upon one of the most complex vaccination programmes in the history of the NHS and continues to support the safe and effective rollout of vaccines to citizens.
Aligning with the World Health Organisation, the programme aims to reduce the pressure on the healthcare system and COVID-19 severity and mortality, re-open society and eliminate the spread of disease.
Building public services to deliver vaccinations safely
Aire Logic will use its expertise in specialist agile delivery to establish the right data and technology solutions to optimise national vaccination services – meeting the needs of the population, clinicians and other end users.
Their expertise will support further enhancements in the following areas of the current vaccination programme:
- Select: Builds on the technology used to identify cohorts of people to be called for their vaccinations based on patient demographic and clinical data.
- Call/Recall: Further development that draws on the national notifications service to invite people to arrange their own vaccination
- Booking: Further development that draws on the national bookings service that enables people to book vaccination appointments, confirms the eligibility of patients to book an appointment, and for vaccination staff to manage and check in patients.
- Data Capture: Supports the enhancement of data capture services used at the point of care, to record clinical and additional data, including the support and assurance of third party systems used to capture vaccination/adverse reaction data.
- Data Integration: Strengthens and enhances the technology that underpins the services that manage the flow of data between different clinical services, sharing data safely and appropriately.
Collaborating across the health and care system
Led by NHS England and NHS Improvement, the large-scale programme involves multiple departments across government, the UK Health Security Agency, DHSC, NHS Digital, NHSX and other health and care organisations.
A key role will be to deliver a collaborative approach with users and stakeholders, fostering communities to co-design and deliver the programme. While championing user needs with the wider user-centred design community, and facilitating data-driven decision-making.
A proven track record in healthtech
Following an in-depth procurement process, NHS Digital selected Aire Logic for its proven experience in product and delivery management, technical architecture, business analysis and DevOps.
The healthtech consultancy also provides expertise in data science, clinical safety and user-centred design to ensure the service meets the needs of varying user groups and is informed by data and backed by evidence.
Leading a consortium of healthtech companies
Aire Logic leads a consortium of niche small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) including AUG Data, Bluesmith, Burendo, Digital Detox, Hive IT, Think Tribal, and UX Connections. Together, they will provide an unmatched level of expertise that a national-scale programme requires.
Specialisms include in-house clinical risk management, legal expertise in data-sharing agreements, and privacy and data processing policies. Among the SMEs, is the only company in the UK that offers end-to-end risk support.
A trusted partner to the NHS
Aire logic has a longstanding, trusted relationship with NHS Digital, having advised and collaborated on national services like the COVID-19 vaccination programme, Spine, the Summary Care Record and Personal Demographic Service. The company has also designed national screening services for Public Health England, and implemented end-to-end vaccination booking services for many NHS Trusts.
Find out about Aire Logic and its work.
“We live in unprecedented times for health and care technology. As the only UK consultancy of our size to specialise in this space, we are delighted to have been selected to deliver this important and critical programme. We look forward to introducing a more hands-on, coal face focused approach to national technology.
We also want to extend our thanks to Accenture and Cap Gemini who have done tremendous work on project delivery to date, and their staff who have undoubtedly helped prevent hundreds of thousands of hospitalisations.”
Joseph Waller, Director, Aire Logic